Individual supervision is available for licensed social workers (LSW) looking to attain their clinical license (LCSW). Please let me know if you’d like group supervision.
Philosophy: Mindfulness and Gestalt Therapy form the foundation of my practice and the way I provide supervision. I hope to help you become more aware of yourself and your body’s cues during sessions with clients, so that that you can use that information to help your clients more effectively. We’ll also explore what helps you feel more connected with clients, and what’s inhibiting connection.
Supervision is also informed by these perspectives: relational therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), existential perspective, social justice perspective, and a strengths-based approach.
Social Work Experience: My supervision is informed by
- 20+ years of advocacy and public education related to LGBTQ+ rights.
- 1000s of individual sessions with people facilitating psychotherapy, spiritual direction, mindfulness coaching, and body awareness practices (primarily yoga and breathwork).
- 100s of group sessions facilitated (peer support groups, psychoeducational workshops, retreat facilitation, and group process facilitator for a 3-year Gestalt Therapy training program).
- 7 years in private practice
- 4 years of providing individual, outpatient psychotherapy at Mazzoni Center
- 3 years as a behavioral health consultant in a primary care setting that integrates medical care with behavioral health (brief-intervention, skills- and functionality-based approach, as well as linking to resources).
Rates: Because of my commitment to social justice, psychotherapy rates are on a sliding scale based on annual income.
Initial Scheduling: Contact Bob for current availability and to set up a free initial consultation. Call 718-303-7005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.